Aims and Objectives of Learning Social Science
Studying the social sciences is vital for many reasons. It enables children
1. To understand the society in which they live, to learn how society is structured, managed and governed and also about the forces seeking to transform and redirect society in various ways.
2. To appreciate the values enshrined in the Indian Constitution such as justice, liberty, equality, fraternity, unity and integrity of the nation.
3. To grow up as active, responsible and reflective member of society.
4. To learn to respect differences of opinions, lifestyle and cultural practices.
5. To question and examine received ideas, institutions and practices.
6. To undertake activities that will help them develop social and life skills and make them understand that these skills are important for social interaction.
- Social Science Dept., TMS
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true educati...